Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Repairing ABS Problems and DIY Diagnosis

Repairing ABS problems

Yes repairing ABS problems on older vehicles can be challenging. Recently I had a friend with a 95 Pontiac Bonneville STE that had a TCS or traction control light on, as well as the ABS warning light. My first problem was that this vehicle did not have OBD ii systems.

This meant that the latest generation of cheaper ABS scanners like the equus 3160 combination scan tool pictured to the right would not pull the code for me. They only work on vehicles 1996 and up.

The second problem was that I am not allowed to use shop equipment on personal, or friends vehicles. This left me without the ability to connect a scan tool and pull abs codes from the 95 Bonneville.

I decided to go into my online auto repair manuals and look for bulletins that referred to repairing ABS problems for a Pontiac Bonneville. I did find a bulletin to help me track down the problem. Also note that this bulletin would apply to GM's counterparts such as the Buick LeSabre, Park Ave, Olds 98, and the Olds 88 from 1995 years and older.

Repairing GM ABS and TCS warning lights

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment